Monday, March 14, 2011

life at 10,000 ft.

So, I realized that my spellcheck didn't save last time, so I have been sweating my misspelled words the past day or so. Sorry about that - bad spelling is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Today was a beauteous day. True Colorado bluebird day. Reconnected with my friend Jim - who now calls himself "James" and I'm still getting used to his new name. He is a fixture here in the Breckenridge scene. He claims to hold the "2010 Breckenridge snow maker of the year" and "big deal in town" titles. I could see that being the case, for sure. This guy lives and breathes skiing, the mountains...and everything encompassing all of the above. Best tour guide ever. We both were feeling our back issues today, so decided to kick it around town and take the "car tour" of the surrounding areas including A Basin and Keystone, shop a bit on Main Street (got hooked up with a sweet deal on new goggles and am trying out a pair of super phat skis tomorrow.) Jim claims the "big deal" status helps get him all of these items. He totally cracks me up.

I am taking it all in with a clear mind. It's pretty amazing out here. I silently asked myself why I have never been out here before. Everyone should experience this place at least once. It is quite a scene. I forgot to mention that it is also SPRING BREAK so there are plenty of gapers too. The sun shines all the time. I like it.

Henry seems to be adjusting well to all the new sights, smells, dogs and people we encounter. I can tell it is going to be way cooler to have him in Tahoe than Rochester - definitely. And he will have a better quality of life. :) Gotta think of the kid.

It's interesting to check out so many places - each one is so different, with different friends and good times. I'm honestly exhausted but still looking forward. We are hitting up Vail tomorrow. Jim says I am going to be "blown away". I can't wait. Then I have to figure out when I'm heading up to Salt Lake and contemplating a brief stop in Steamboat for some turns and visit with old friends. My goal is to be in SLC for St. Patrick's Day with Toni at Snowbird - gotta work out the next few days...

For now we're planning on dinner at an Italian joint this evening (I feel like I've eaten Mexican for the past few days) then maybe a drink or two, and bed early. Hopefully dreaming of a little bit of POW POW. Forecast calls for 5" but you never know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Definitely had an awesome day kickin it doing the tourist thing. Hopefully the back will hold up.

xoxo from 10.000 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment