Sunday, June 5, 2011

I hear the drizzle of the rain

"I hear the drizzle of the rain. Like a memory it falls. Soft and warm continuing. Tapping on my roof and walls."

And so it is Sunday. I find myself humming that tune each time it rains. I have dissected so many great lines from that song through the years. The lyrics provide me with some comfort through many different times.

I jinxed myself with my last post. I took the sunshine for granted, and am begging her to come back! I love snow. I love skiing. My favorite thing in the entire world --see first post -- is to spend the evening outside listening to the snow fall in tall pine trees. Snow in June does not make me happy. I am still feeling out how to describe what it's like to see snow when I am used to lush green gardens, tulips and spring. I yearn for a Saturday morning stroll through the public market, making fresh salsa and entertaining friends. I keep hearing that summer will keep me in Tahoe, and I am waiting, patiently, to see if that will be true.

My three month anniversary is soon approaching. My roller coaster ride has started to smooth out and I am slowly finding my way. The transition was a challenge. But the homesickness is a knock em out drag em down type of melancholy. When I think of exactly how far away from home I am, I immediately force myself to stop. I shut it off and put it away inside. I must keep looking forward. I must keep my focus and realize that I am doing what most dream of. Sure, there are sacrifices, but I put my trust in each step along my new path.

I am looking inward, and sometimes just confirming details about myself I already knew. I am growing stronger and embracing the good and the bad.

I don't know. Life never happens as you think it should. I know about my expectations and sometimes need to just let go. Find my balance.

The people and relationships I've made thus far are the most challenging, but most rewarding. I find that is true everywhere though. I love being back in the ski industry at a job that affords me the opportunity to share my creative mind, makes me think and forces me to learn new things. It is a great match and I consider myself so very lucky to have landed there. I guess everything else will just fall into place.

Today I made a list of all the territory I want to cover while I'm on the left coast. It is quite long, and I'm still asking around for the secret spots.

And so I sit in bed listening to the drizzle of the rain on the rooftop above me. I am dying for summer to get here and the fun to begin. I was told today that there is no "hoping" it will happen. He "guaranteed" it would! That made me smile...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment