Monday, January 24, 2011

all things gnarManda

Breaking the ice. Am I really borrowing one of my favorite facebook fwd exercises as the start to this brand spankin' new blog? The token: get to know your friends better by listing things about yourself, tagging them, then ask them to do the same and tag you back?
Yes, I am.
But I'm not tagging anyone, nor am I asking anyone to reciprocate.
Two years ago I compiled that list and enjoyed it. Tonight, as I sit freezing my butt off (it's been the coldest day on record in the good old Roc) I compile an abbreviated list as my first entry. My girlfriends have offered advice for my recent spewing of words and new ideas:Write it all down. Well here goes.
10 things gnarManda:
1.) I seek inspiration everywhere. I strive to live a rich, fulfilling life where I am constantly inspired and challenged, but content.
2.) I am obsessed with movies. I enjoy them because I get to escape into another world for a few hours.
3.) I am a music junkie. I live to find new music that moves me and I connect with. I make kick ass mixes and love trading music.
4.) I appreciate cold winter evenings surrounded by swirling snowflakes silently falling on tall pine trees. Nights like that make me smile.
5.) Laughter IS the best medicine - for anything and everything. You laugh until you cry. You cry until you laugh. *
6.) Eyes are the windows to your soul and are my favorite by far...
7.) Someone recently told me you live here now, not there. live where you are. I am still thinking that through, but that perspective is very fitting for me in this moment.
8.) I often wonder why I am here. Where is my place? How do I be my own best self?
9.) Skiers are my weakness. So are Happy Meals, PBR cans, superb bedding and vanilla soft serve.
10.) I believe in ah hah moments, love at first sight, fate, destiny, Karma, the notion that things happen as they should and random encounters might not actually be so random.
So, that's a little gnarManda spice for ya. There will be plenty more. In unexplainable directions of randomness.

Night.

* This is how it works. You're young until you're not. You love until you don't. You try until you can't. You laugh until you cry. You cry until you laugh. And everyone must breathe until their dying breath. ~ On the Radio - Regina Spektor

No comments:

Post a Comment